If you’ve landed on this page, it’s a safe bet to assume you’re either a tourist wanting to come to Darwin… or a local with all your family and friends wanting to come to Darwin! (We can hardly blame them!)
We will continue to have in-depth information to share on these topics – but sometimes all you need is a good list.
We’ve pulled together our dot-point version of the best bits of Darwin, for you to screenshot before your visit, or send to your nearest and dearest prior to theirs!
- Trader Bar (City & Winnellie)
- Postie (City)
- Ruby Gs (City & Coconut Grove)
- Fresh Point (Parap & Palmerston)
- Mad About Coffee (Parap)
- Johnn Johnns (City)
BREAKFAST / BRUNCH / LUNCH
- Ruby Gs CBD
- Rabbit Hole
- Check out some of our favourite $10 & under lunches here
- Laneway (Parap)
- Ruby Gs (Coconut Grove)
- Besser Brew Bar (Winnellie)
- Sweet Brew (Stuart park)
- De La Plage (Casuarina Beach)
- Eva’s (Botanic Gardens)
- Lucky Bat (Nightcliff)
BARS / PUBS
- Lola’s Pergola (Cullen Bay, waterfront bar)
- Sailing Club & Ski Club (Fannie Bay / Vesteys Beach, beach bar)
- Babylon Bar (CBD, laneway bar)
- Charlies of Darwin (CBD, gin bar)
- Trader Bar (CBD, cocktail bar)
- Doms (Nightcliff, cocktail bar)
- Stonehouse (CBD, wine bar)
- Beachfront Hotel (Nightcliff, pub)
- The Precinct (Waterfront, pub/sports bar)
- One Mile (Winnellie, brewery)
Waterfront / on the water
- Hot Tamale (Mexican)
- Chow (Vietnamese)
- The Ski Club (Classic Pub Food)
- Dinah Beach Cruising Yacht Club (Fresh Seafood)
- Pee Wees at the Point (Fine Dining)
- Little Miss Korea (Korean)
- Alfonsinos (Italian)
- Hanuman (Asian Fusion)
- Good Thanks (Burger Bar)
- Charlie’s of Darwin (Local ingredient infused cuisine)
- The Darwin Club (Fine dining)
- Spice Garden (Indian)
- Cucina Sotto Le Stelle (Pizza van)
THINGS TO DO
- MARKETS! Parap / Nightcliff / Rapid Creek – wherever you go, you have to eat a Darwin market Laksa at some point. ICONIC.
- Sunset harbour cruises – there are options with fish & chips, or with LOTS of champagne.
- Speaking of harbour, there is a brand new Darwin Harbour experience – 00Seven Jetskis – and it is an awesome way to see the city with no prior jetski experience required!
- The Waterfront Beach Club – it’s our safe beach for a swim!
- East Point Walk / Nightcliff Foreshore
- Deckchair Cinema
- Museum & Art Gallery of the NT
- Mindil Beach Casino INFINITY POOL (this might be as close to Bali as we are going to get for a while!)
- Crocosaurus Cove – Swim in the Cage of Death with crocs if you’re game!
- Jumping Crocs on the Adelaide River
- Darwin Street Art Festival self guided walk
- Kakadu is at its best at sunrise and sunset – A yellow water cruise at sunrise and Ubirr at sunset is our preferred combination!
- Glamping tents at Cooinda are a nice treat!
- A lot of the good waterfalls are down unsealed roads / 4wd tracks – we recommend a 4wd for the full experience!
- Maguk, Jim Jim & Moline are our faves – and Motor Car falls you can swim at most of the year.
- The rock art/views at Burrungkuy (Nourlangie) is spectacular.
- There is accommodation out there – but can also be done in a day from Darwin if you’re short on time.
- All popular spots are 2WD access – Florence Falls, Wangi Falls & Buley Rockhole.
- If you’re keen on a hike AND a swim go to Cascades or Greenant Creek Walk.
- If you’re keen on a 4wd adventure go to Sandy Creek/Tjaetaba falls and Surprise Creek falls.
- Stop at Edith (Leliyn) Falls on the way out & swim at the top!
- Nitmiluk Gorge is spectacular, experience it in either a Kayak or on a cruise
- The Katherine Hot Springs are worth a dip
- Check out our 3 days in Katherine article!
Follow us on social for the latest local’s tips…